Monday, July 30, 2007

1 Nephi 3:1 - 1 Nephi 4:13

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

This speaks for itself. Faith that the Lord will not give us more than we can bare, and he will always provide a way.

But behold I said unto them that: As the Lord liveth, and as we live, we will not go down unto our father in the wilderness until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord hath commanded us.

Perseverance. Nephi just would not give up, he was determined to accomplish the task that was given to him. That is something big time for me to learn. When the times get hard, don't give up, but persevere.

And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.

If we have faith, and are sensitive to the spirit, we can listen closely and it will lead us to that which we need to do. We won't always know everything, and exactly what we are supposed to be doing. but if the Lord has commanded it, then he will provide a way, all we have to do is have faith and trust.

No comments: